According to research, one in four world leaders has studied in the UK. If you have big dreams in life and want to explore the whole world, booking a flight ticket to the UK can prove to be an important milestone in your career. Some people may argue that even India has some of the world-recognized universities and colleges to carry on your studies then why spend extra money and efforts in seeking college admission in the UK.
The most popular reasons why the UK is considered to be one of the top academic destinations for Indian students include world-class education infrastructure, distinguished teaching methodologies and easy access to quality research, etc.
5 Best Explanations For Considering UK As Your Study Abroad Destination
The number of Indian students overseas has rapidly increased over 25 years. Studying abroad is nothing short of an investment. Becoming worldlier and having great career opportunities are some of the most common perks of considering a study destination as good as the UK. The sub-continent is home to 3 of the world’s top 10 universities.
Below mentioned points would help in developing deep insight into the advantages of studying in the UK. Let us not delay any further to know them all.
- Globally renowned universities: It is worthy to start with one of the most sought features of a college or school- the recognition and accreditation the university has got. This simple thing guarantees that your future/career is in safe hands. This is the minimum selection criteria for a college to be on an applicant’s list. The UK does not have only recognized and renowned universities but most of these institutions are internationally recognized and open the door to the world for their students. Oxford University, Cambridge University, and Imperial College do not seek an introduction. Getting admission to a good college in the UK ensures that you have a degree that is not only recognized but reputed, renowned amongst other international universities, employers, and government bodies.
- Endless Opportunities: Besides providing a strong platform to pursue your subject(s) along with international exposure and a multi-cultural environment in UK universities prepare you for your future assignments better. When you order prospectuses either directly from colleges or contact the best agency for studying abroad, you evaluate your career prospects before registration. There are over 150, 000 different courses for students to choose from. Master’s students willing to pursue a Ph.D. can save one year while opting for a program that combines a Master’s with a Ph.D., hence saving time. Similarly, the UK education system remains open for making more such combinations with subjects of your choice. This flexibility and openness that supports you for shortening your study period you might not avail in your home country. Many students find it useful as they can cut on their expenses when they are miles away from their homes.
- Robust Research Infrastructure: As pointed initially, in the UK students get to take leverage from quality research work conducted and preserved by trusted sources. 46 % of the researched data by over 154 leading UK universities has been classified as “internationally excellent”, while 30% of research has been qualified to be “world-leading”. Having access to such journals and citations and participating in such research is a life-time opportunity no student would like to miss.
- Unprecedented Student Health Benefits: Indian students who are enrolled in a full-time course enjoy the eligibility to avail free medical treatment by the National Health Service across the UK. Additionally, their partners or dependent children if they stay with you during your academic program are also rendered the health facilities free of cost. Also, you can check the health policy for students with your college or institution as well.
- Extended Permit To Stay And Earn: Majority of students who travel abroad want to gain some international work exposure before coming back. Many of them want to settle in there, themselves. The latest amendments in the post-study work visa permit you to stay over, provided you have a job offer with an annual package of at least 20,800 pounds. However, these recent graduates are supposed to switch from Tier 4 Visa to a Tier 2 General Visa thereafter. Tier 1 Visa is applicable for those graduates who are sponsored by their university as they are in process of developing a world-class innovative idea. Depending on your case you can switch accordingly.
Well, there is no denying that studying in India is not a bad option to build a career but the attraction of studying in the UK comes with the huge benefits of gaining global exposure and widening your horizons. Higher education consultants UK can help you achieve your dreams and lead a successful career.