Protecting your details on our website.
This policy sets out to explain how we collect, process, and use your personal data and in doing so how we comply with data protection law and our obligations to you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
All information you choose to provide to us. Whether this information is provided face-to-face during interviews, over the telephone, by email, or through completing a job application on our recruitment website and it includes the information that you provide to us below;
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone number, and personal email address;
- Your curriculum vitae, along with any covering letter you provide to us and any further details about your experience, qualifications, and suitability for any advertised role at LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED Collaborating with Staff Giant Limited that are communicated by you or any recruitment agent acting on your behalf;
- Responses you provide during interviews, and your answers to any tests that you undertake during the recruitment process;
- References that are provided by your nominated referees and ex-employers;
- ‘Sensitive’ information on you. And by ‘sensitive’ we mean information such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature and your physical condition, which you choose to provide to us by completing surveys and other forms that we commission;
- Information about your health which may be collected where a particular health condition or disability is relevant to the performance of your role at LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED in cases where you suffer an injury as a result of an incident in the case of your employment (e.g., a crash involving one of our company vehicles);
- Your social media content and other information that is available about you within the public domain. This information we collect can include posts and comments, pictures and video footage on sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter;
- Disbarring and Disclosure Service (DBS) information, if your role with LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED requires that we seek DBS checks. This is not conducted routinely and you will be notified on an individual basis if your role is in scope for a DBS check.
- Other Information: Details of your remuneration, IP Address, Details of professional indemnity insurance, which may include your trade union, Mandatory training and/or CPD records, Information regarding prior professional misconduct, disciplinary action, and investigations
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect information on you through:
- Forms completed and submissions that you make via our recruitment website;
- Responses you provide during face-to-face and telephone interviews;
- Any written correspondence between you and us (e.g., via email);
- Responses and answers that you provide to us through any questionnaires and tests that we require you to complete;
- Social media platforms and other websites where your information is published within the public domain; and
- As the result of a DBS check.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To assess your suitability for the role that you have applied for by assessing your experience, qualifications, interview responses, and answers to any performance tests that you may have completed whilst also comparing you to other prospective candidates for the same role;
- To store your details on record for a period of time, so that if you are unsuccessful in a job application with us, we may instead be able to notify you of alternative positions if and when they become available;
- Maintenance of administrative and statutory records, such as to demonstrate our compliance with any applicable equality and diversity laws in our selection of a candidate for any position at LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED that we make available;
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Your information may be disclosed to:
- Companies within our group. For example, we may share information with our Clients relating to your performance during the interview process;
- Your recruitment agent that is acting on your behalf in respect of your job application;
- Referees that you have nominated and potentially your ex-employer(s) for the purpose of obtaining additional references;
- Disbarring and Disclosure Service
- Our professional advisors including our lawyers and accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice; and
- The Police, local authorities, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts, and any other government authority if they ask us to do so or we are obliged to do so as a result of a court order.
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. Please see Retention of Records in our data protection policy for a complete breakdown of the data we process and how long we retain your records.
We must keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay, and pension auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security, and tax legislation.
Where Laurels education collaborated with Staff Giant Services Limited has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period, the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
We review the ways we use your information regularly. And in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with, and how we act on it.
Where LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period, the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
Our full legal name is LAURELS EDUCATION LIMITED and our registered address is 7 Bell Yard, London, England, WC2A 2JR, UK.
We are the ‘data controller’ of the information you provide us with. This term is a legal phrase used to describe the person or entity that controls the way information is used and processed.
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +44 (0)203 950 2896