PURSUE YOUR HIGHER EDUCATION IN USA
The US universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students
The USA is the world’s leading student destination. The USA offers It offers unique opportunities to students from all different streams to study and shine in their chosen fields. The USA is the ideal destination year for students who are looking for study as well as to make a life after study. We Laurels Education supports students all the way for the gateway to studying in the USA. We believe that the USA education system and with experience with VISA process make us your best choice to study in the USA.
WHY STUDY IN THE USA?
Universities in the USA provides a platform to all international students
The US universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students, which is obvious from their high rankings. USA’s education system has the most
The Country’s education system offers the most complete coursework for students with equal importance for both practical and theoretical learning.
- Affordable Education
- Diversity and Flexibility
- Outstanding support system for overseas students
- Healthy and Safe Communities
- Part time work allowed during the study
- Exciting Campus Lifestyle
INTAKES IN THE USA
USA has 3 intakes and the student has options to choose from flexible intakes.
Intake 1: Fall Semester –August/September
Intake 2: Spring Semester –January/February
Intake 3: Summer Semester –May/June and is available for selected Courses.
WORK AUTHORIZATION FOR STUDENTS:
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- Student has 20 hours of working rights per week and can work full time during the vacation period
- Student is allowed to work Off-campus but that requires some form of written or documented authorization issued by either the USCIS or OISS. Students should be in legal status and as an F – 1 student for a minimum of one academic year to be eligible for off-campus work.
As per rules, only married spouses can obtain a dependent visa status. The student or employee may add dependent to their record and the dependent ( Spouse ) may obtain a dependent status and this status have certain limitations
USA STUDENT (F1) VISA REQUIREMENTS
- A valid passport at least six months validity
- Recent passport size photograph
- Confirmation page of DS-160
- Form I -20
- Payment of application fees for SEVIS
- Application as a non-immigrant
- We will guide you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application
AFTER STUDENT GRADUATE:
- Student visa ( F1) holders are eligible for up to 12 months of OPT (optional practical training) on completion of graduation. This is an option for student to work for a year after completion of studies.
- A temporary employment option allowing students the opportunity to gain practical experience.
- Student can apply for work visa to continue working in the USA. Student is allow to stay up to 60 days in the USA on completion of course if you don’t have a job offer or have not applied for OPT
STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA
F2 Visa is usually for student dependent visa. The married dependent of the F1 student visa holders is allowed to come to the US. Dependents as spouse and unmarried children under the age 21.
Eligibility of F2 visa
- Must be the spouse of an F1 visa holder.
- child (under 21 years and unmarried)
- Applicant must have enough financial resources to support the family in the USA
F2 visa requirements
- Passport (both original and photocopies)
- Visa application confirmation (DS-160)
- A photograph conforming to U.S. visa rules
- Birth certificate for dependent children
- Marriage certificate for spouses
- Visa fee payment receipt
- Applicant’s I-20 form
- Copy of F1 visa holder’s I-20 form
- Applicant’s financial stability records (bank account, tax record, employment documents )
BENEFITS OF F2 VISA
Extension of VISA
If F1 visa holders decided to extend the visa then F2 visa dependents automatically become eligible to apply for an extension.
Change of visa status
You will get entrance in the USA with F2 visa status and there is a chance to request for change of visa status. With enrolment in a USA higher education program F2 visa holders may change their status to F1. If in case F2 holders finds appropriate job, you can request a change of visa status.
F2 holders get a Green card automatically when their primary F1 visa holders gets one, F2 holders also eligible to apply on their own. F2 holders may change their status to another status (e.g. L1) and then apply for a Green Card. Even if F2 holders find employment and become eligible for a Green Card.
Access to healthcare
It is advisable to buy a health insurance to cover the high costs to health care but F2 holders has access to medical services in the USA.
F2 VISA RESTRICTIONS
- No permission to work
- Not eligible for Social Security Number
- Not allowed to pursue higher education
- Cannot enter the U.S. before the F1 visa holder
- Cannot study for Bachelor or Master degree but eligible for vocational training courses. If in case F2 holder wants to go for higher studies, first they have to apply for visa status change.